2008년 4월 21일 월요일

Reflection

Paul and Tatsiana in real life
The movie had a deep impression on me. At first, I did not know that there was actually a genocide at that time. As I started watching the video, I could realize the seriousness of the genocide in Rwanda. The movie depicted the corpses and genocide so vividly and with detail, that I could feel gooseflesh.





I think the movie was intended to inform the viewers of what had happened in Rwanda. Like I did, there might have been a lot of people who never knew about the genocide. The movie teaches some lessons of sacrificing and values of families. As well, the Hotel Rwanda affects the viewers' heart and emotions by showing some cruel scenes such as the dead bodies on river side, children dying, men being chopped, and a man trying to kill the main character. The extreme scenes make viewers to be involved in the movie and have more attention.



The movie actually affected me wanting to find more about it and learn from it. After watching the video, I researched more about the genocide and read a lot of news on it. More I research it, more I feel sorry for the people. I could not believe that there was the massacre in 1994 which is so recent. If there were some more help and attention from the other countries, there might be less damage and loss of the population. 800,000 people are too many to die. In about three months, 800,000 people died by the rebels. I can't even imagine how it would be in Rwanda at that time. It would be a lot more than what's in the movie.

댓글 1개:

hyejin :

What happened is really devastating. It is recent. However, I heard that the genocide still continues today, although not in such a massive scale. I agree with you that there must have been worse things that happened to the people than what the film showed. It is too cruel to imagine